JOB TITLE: Production Area Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
HOURS: 7:00 pm to 7:30 am on a 2-2-3 schedule
JOB PURPOSE : This position is responsible for leading operations across all shifts for an established area of the site. Uses effective leadership, planning, technical, communication, analytical and coaching skills to empower work teams to produce high quality products to meet our customer needs in the most cost-effective manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
For established area:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Establishes safety as the top priority in training, equipment & job design, work assignments, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures product safety: establishes high performance standards in Housekeeping, GMP’s, AIB, and HACCP.
- Ensures product quality: establishes and manages systems to insure “right the first time” performance.
- Organizes and manages daily production requirements to consistently meet customer expectations.
- Drives Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to dramatically improve costs.
- Evaluates team performance efficiencies and coordinates necessary resources for schedule attainment.
- Develops strategic and tactical plans to meet business needs with timely implementation.
- Coaches, teach, and provide opportunities for team members to develop their business, technical, and social skills.
- Coordinates PRIDE reviews for team members and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Manages financial performance, including budgeting, costing, expense & direct labor tracking, and results feedback.
- Manages in accordance with company policy and guidelines, treating all team members with dignity, respect, and fairness.
- Coordinates functions with peer group in the other functional areas: (Quality, Technical/Maintenance, Logistics, Human Resources).
- Leadership: leads people, teams, and process. Sets expectations, tracks results, and manages accountability for an established area of the Production department.
- High integrity: is honest, trusting, and trustworthy. Protects confidential information regarding Continental Mills and its employees.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Excellent communication: writes clearly, speaks persuasively, and facilitates groups effectively.
- Listening: demonstrates empathy for team members’ concerns.
- People development: teaches, coaches, and mentors.
- Problem solving: identifies and implements effective solutions to root causes of problems.
- Creativity and change orientation: leads and directs continuous improvement process for projects in an established area of the Production department.
- Proactive outlook: anticipates potential roadblocks and opportunities and plans for them.
- Business and technical knowledge: understands how processing, packaging, logistical and mechanical functions affect operations in assigned area. Working knowledge and effective use of computer based software applications. Strong math/analytical skills.
- Teamwork: interacts effectively with people in all areas of the company. Builds and develops cross-functional work teams.
- High energy: is a self-starter with high initiative.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Manufacturing experience in processing and packaging management: food industry experience strongly preferred.
- History of successful implementation of improvement methodologies, such as OEE, 5S, TPM, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Prefer 4 year degree in related field.
Continental Mills - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard