Requisition ID: 20342BR
Job Title: Production Area Supervisor
Division: Global Quality & Ops
Business Unit: Sustainability Solutions
Business Functions: Manufacturing and Production
Business Sub-Functions: Production/Operations Planning
Country: United States
The Area Supervisor will assist the 1st shift operations management in maintaining a constant flow of product, problem-solving, and addressing disciplinary issues within their department. This position is responsible for production work orders specific to their product and/or work cell assignment. Responsible for knowing, following, and not deviating from the appropriate procedures assigned to their product and/or work cell. They must display the ability to show proficiency in their assigned area by having approved competencies. Responsible for continuously observing and auditing production cells to ensure the procedures are being followed. Responsible for effectively communicating with and overseeing training associates on new processes, products, and changes to their production lines. Responsible for knowledge and enforcement of Lean Manufacturing concepts. The Area Supervisor must be able to identify and help implement process improvements to production lines. The Area Supervisor is also responsible for being a Certified Trainer on their production line(s) and effectively communicating with and training associates on new processes, products, and changes to their production lines. Responsible for maintaining certification through continued education, changing trainer requirements, and passing effectiveness checks as required by the Training Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Ensure complete compliance to QMS, GMP, and 5S processes.
- Manage time and resources effectively through good organizational skills and through use of positive problem solving skills.
- Continuously strive to improve quality of consumer service by recognizing opportunities for improvement and ideas that would fall into the Stryker mission.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators for efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strive to continually implement improvements to the work cell, implementing lean manufacturing concepts as appropriate.
- Responsible for the continuum of Production at Stryker in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Conducts formal meeting with the primary technicians and the team leaders as needed.
- Assists in making changes in production associate schedules in absence of Operations Manager and assists in maintaining control of overtime to keep within approved limits.
- Advise Operations Manager of human resource problems and suggest solutions.
- Reviews reject levels of each assigned product type and suggest solutions to reduce.
- Available for problem solving at the associate level.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate individuals and is available to associates for on or off the job problems.
- Ability to change jobs several times in a day and fill in where there is need.
- Adaptable to changes in procedure and the ability to pass on information to necessary individuals.
- Act as production liaison with all other departments at Stryker, having the ability interact with all departments and administration.
- Keep a good production environment.
- Maintain a clean working area to facilitate production.
- Keep their specific area organized to support cell design for smooth flow of materials.
- Ensures associates in-training are performing competencies to satisfactory level and that associates do not “drift” from the training.
- Responsible for working with other departments within the company (such as R&D) to be actively involved in new processes, products, and changes to their production line so that they can effectively communicate with and train the associates on the line.
- Participate in process development, procedural read-throughs, and production walk-throughs as needed in preparation for upcoming changes/new product lines.
- Responsible for knowing, following, and not deviating from the appropriate procedures assigned to their product and/or work cell.
- Must display the ability to show proficiency in their assigned area by having approved competencies.
- Provide hands on training for all new associates in their work cell.
- Document competencies for each task the technician is required to demonstrate for their job and responsible for ensuring documents are given to HR/Training department in a timely manner.
Percent Travel Required: 0
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience.
- Extensive experience in the area assigned, including: Quality System Regulation; Total Quality Management; 5S, Kanban, Kaizen training. Must become a Certified Trainer on their production lines.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate in the English language to adequately address the needs of internal and external customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills. Ability to interact with professional associate at the company level as well as entry-level associate. Demonstrate management skills and ability to manage people.
- Must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Computer literacy with software such as Microsoft Office and other manufacturing systems.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set standards.
Stryker - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...