Amazon Publishing seeks a Production Artist to update print and ebook InDesign files and to ensure that they meet specifications. The successful candidate will have proven record of managing a large volume of files in a very fast paced environment and will work with external vendors to ensure file format specifications are met. The position will make changes to book covers, interior files and work with a variety of internal file submission tools.
· Review InDesign files from external vendors to ensure they meet specifications
· Create print ready .PDFs
· Update files based on technical or content needs
· Improve the efficiency of the file submission process for offset and print on demand print production
· Track changes in file submission requirements and provide updates to vendors
· Establish and maintain a quality assurance process
· Oversee file version control and archiving
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years’ experience in publishing/printing operations with a focus on process development and improvement; and managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert level user in Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- This is a multi-faceted job in a start-up environment. Flexibility, a strong work ethic and a good sense of humor are a must.
- Experience managing multiple large volume, highly visible projects simultaneously, under very tight deadlines
- Experience liaising between creative and manufacturing environments
- Experience designing book covers and interiors.
- Familiarity with the recent trends in digital media conversion technologies and Print on Demand.
- Process improvement experience such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and/or Operational Excellence
Amazon.com - 20 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...