San Francisco, CA
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices via the Apple Store, Google Play, and on the Web via Facebook, Yahoo, Kabam.com and other platforms. In 2012 Kabam revenues grew by 70 percent to more than $180 million. The company is profitable and has seven titles that gross more than $1 million per month, including four grossing more than $3 million and two grossing more than $7 million per month. Kabam's Kingdoms of Camelot franchise has grossed more than $200 million in less than four years, making it one of the top 10 strategy franchises of all time. In 2012, Kabam Publishing was launched and in April 2013 Kabam announced the $50 million WWDevFund to provide third-party developers access to Kabam’s technology platform, marketing channels, and best practices that Kabam’s in-house development teams use to bring wildly successful games to players worldwide. Kabam has 700 employees across three continents, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Google, Warner Brothers, MGM, SK Telecom, Intel, Canaan Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Pinnacle Ventures. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com
Production Artist will be responsible for assisting in the production of all manner of product marketing and advertising creative for Kabam’s first party studio’s games.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Team: First Party Marketing Art
The First Party Marketing Art Team is responsible for creating all storefront marketing assets, promotional vehicles and campaigns, banner ad and video/rich media/banner ad creative for User Acquisition, all supported by rigorous performance testing and localization for between 12 and 15 languages. We strive to deliver all work in a timely manner and always adhere to pre-determined schedules. Our function can be summed up as follows: innovate, create, communicate, test, iterate, localize, optimize. Our team also supports the production of campaigns produced by external partners and agencies by contributing to concept development, art/creative direction, feedback, asset support.
Day to day:
- Work with Visual Designers to take approved product marketing artwork/layouts and create a large volume of resized and/or localized versions of these executions
- Support the creation of meticulous, localized master ad layouts of top-performing creative that will be sent out for resizing, localized versioning and/or interactive production on a weekly basis
- Support Product Marketing, BizDev and Lifecycle/email/XP teams by handling requests for assets and promotional executions
- Support video/multimedia artist with asset prep/collection
- Maintain and adhere to strict file preparation, file structure and naming convention guidelines
- Prepare all master psd files such that resizing and localization is as streamlined as possible.
This role is a junior level position that will be integral to Kabam’s User Acquisition, Product Marketing, BizDev and Lifecycle marketing success
Full Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k matching; $250 gym reimbursement; $1000 per year educational stipend; daily catered lunches; tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
Bachelor’s degree or certificate for Art, Design or other related field or equivalent work experience.
3+ years of design/production experience
MUST Have Experience:
- Exceptional Photoshop skills (digital painting/retouching skills a plus)
- Meticulous file preparation habits
- Creation of banner ads – both static/animated – and a thorough understanding of ad specifications – file formats, image optimization, etc.
- A keen eye for color, composition, layout, typography
- Top-notch organizational skills – file management and spec documentation
- Self-motivated creative problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We will assist with relocation for the right candidate.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and...