A national news entertainment show is looking for a Production Assistant (PA) to assist its production team in its Phoenix, Arizona studio. The ideal candidate should have production experience and a positive attitude. Production Assistant will be responsible for assisting the team with daily studio and field production. They should be organized, reliable, and passionate about news and pop culture.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND RESULTS
- Assist in gathering, writing and editing content for multiple platforms.
- Assist with technical operations in the studio including operating teleprompter.
- Execute time sensitive decisions
- Write clearly for multiple platforms
- Edit video for multiple platforms
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Post content to show website
- Support producers in edit sessions.
- Update music cue sheets
- Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Previous Newsroom experience preferred.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities and news judgment.
- Proficiency in Mac and PC, Final Cut Pro and I-News.