The Production Baker prepares an assortment of breakfast pastries and breads for the retail bakery café at the San Antonio Campus of the Culinary Institute of America. This position is a representative of the Culinary Institute of America.
• Daily preparation of various breakfast pastries and breads
• Assist baking team as necessary
• Practice proper sanitation and food handling procedures
• Participate in cleaning of bakeshop post production
• Clean and maintain sanitary work space
• Work hours determined by the Pastry Chef, working extra shifts or hours as needed. Maintain time sheet as provided by Pastry Chef
• Adhere to all rules and regulations in the Culinary Institute of America Employee handbook
• Participates in proper storage of all products, equipment and finished products within bakeshop.
• Ensure proper storage and security of all bakeshop equipment
• Ensure proper storage and security of all Bakery items
• Associates Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts / Equivalent
• HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or Texas Food Handler’s Certificate
• Related experience in full service bakery or pastry shop
• Should be highly organized, attentive to detail, accurate and efficient
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well within a team
• Punctual and dependable
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs with assistance.
• Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time (more than 8 hours) during customary food preparation hours.
Culinary Institute of America - 16 months ago