Job Title: Produce Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Produce Department Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the Produce department such as stock levels, inventory, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provide customer service to guests
2) Stocking and maintaining product levels
- Assist guests with supplying them with the items they need from the department
- Aid guests in finding items they are looking for on the sales floor
- Take orders and special requests
- Answer the telephone and assist callers using proper phone etiquette
- Ten tiling guests at all times
3) Log Sheets
- Fill all items on display
- Makes sure products are rotated, using first in first out method
- Follow display standards
- Makes sure the sales floor is clean and tidy; no messes or spills
- Maintaining Produce supplies (i.e. roll bags, twist ties, etc)
4) Maintain Produce Cooler
- Take temperatures of everything regularly
- Fill out rotation sheets daily
- Record shrink daily
5) Product Ordering
- Rotation of items within the cooler, first in-first out method
- Keeping the cooler clean and organized at all times
- Responsible for ordering some product (i.e. dips, spices, herbs, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler, power equipment.
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an consistent basis
- Will be exposed to cool temperatures (40 degrees)
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...