PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Production Consultant (PC) for the Global Production Solutions Team oversees the production process as it pertains to the printing and direct mail projects for the firm’s mission-critical and non mission critical communication needs. This position researches and implements best-of-class services, prices and technologies for internal Business Partners. Timely, cost-effective production, consultation and decision making for the products are essential to the firm.
Working with Account Management, multiple Business Units (BUs), Creative, Electronic Publishing, and suppliers, the Production Consultant (PC) manages the overall production cycle of standard, repeatable, templated and high volume printed projects/requests which include direct mail projects. The PC oversees the production or direct mail process which includes: production workflow, confirmation from internal client regarding print specifications, obtaining supplier estimates, performs quality control reviews and press inspections, providing day-to-day technical direction to suppliers regarding print/direct mail requests, and matching print samples. This position will also oversee the production management of legally required critical communication mailings and filings.
Uses project tracking (e.g. Noosh/PIS/GDPM) and inventory management systems for production. The PC is responsible for providing end-to-end project management support for collateral that is typically print only, black and white, reprinted material, or Print On Demand (POD). Projects also include supporting high volume direct mail campaigns which are often recurring scheduled events, short turnaround timeframes, containing noncritical client data and include no more that one or two components. The PC is responsible for participating in project kick-offs hosted by Account Management, providing project updates on a weekly basis, providing cost-effective alternative printing solutions, coordinate postage and handling (as required), transfers files to vendor for production and uploading records and files into the firm’s repository system(s) as well as coordinating delivery schedules and locations.
Negotiates with suppliers, provides competitive costs back to the BUs for their approval. Is responsible for generating purchase orders (POs) for projects that equal $50k or less. The PC is also required to reconcile invoices once projects are completed.
Provides metrics that assist Business Partners in decision making for marketing strategies or process changes supported by Enterprise Publishing. These metrics are used to improve customer service, deliverables, costs, and communications. Metrics also help determine opportunities for controlling printing and mailing costs as well as alternative solutions for Business Partners.
Provides back-up support for other Production Consultants. Keeps current with technical industry trends such as digital printing techniques, US postal regulations, and the latest bindery techniques to ensure the team maintains a best in class, excellence in service support model.
- College degree with 2 to 3 years of project experience in the area of direct mail and print preferred
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing customer relationships and suppliers preferred
- Expert in the areas of print and mail production techniques preferred
- Knowledge of USPS regulations preferred
- Manufacturing and purchasing experience preferred
- Strong preference for related system development and implementation preferred
- Print and mail management systems experience preferred (workflow tools)
- Procurement system experience preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- College degree and 1 year of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 5 years related work experience
- Strong work ethic
- Strong customer service and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Highly motivated team player
- High level of integrity
- Deadline driven
- Consultative approach with internal/external contacts
- Quality conscious
- Experience with analyzing cost and metrics data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience working in print and mail production environment
T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc. - 12 months ago
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...