Job Title Production Control Assistant
Reports To Production Control Section
This position will be responsible for Purchasing of electronic parts and Inventory control activities within the Production Control Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain relationship with electronics suppliers and develop controls for supplier activities.
• Distribute part design drawings received from Aisin Seiki in Japan to suppliers as part specifications
• Request quotations from electronic suppliers and determine which suppliers are the best supplier for AEIL.
• Obtain packaging proposal forms and determine which supplier of packaging to purchase packaging from.
• Responsible for electronic parts procurement process with national electronic parts suppliers.
• Responsible for development and follow-up of the thirteen week forecast for electronic suppliers.
• Issue purchase orders for mass production and trail run parts.
• Responsible for adjusting existing purchase orders based on demand forecast.
• Responsible for Inventory Control including verification of inventory amounts for mass production and trail parts.
• Responsible for issuing production schedule to manufacturing for mass production part runs.
• Responsible for issuing trial production schedule to manufacturing for new trail part runs.
• Responsible for implementation of ramp-up plans for all new parts at start of mass production.
• Responsible for issuing any engineering change instruction (ECI) and / or design drawing from Aisin Seiki in
Japan to AEIL engineers.
• Responsible for issuing a letter of intent (LOI) to national electronic parts suppliers.
• Responsible for document control for LOI's, ECI's, 13 week forecasts, and parts quotations
within the Production Control Department.
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
• Will perform all other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Complete knowledge of electronic parts inventory control functions.
• Complete knowledge of electronic parts purchasing process.
• Knowledge of the Toyota Production System and JIT.
• Complete process knowledge.
• General physics ability.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent cooperative personality.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to think for the Company.
• Ability to interact well with coworkers.
• Ability to function independently without requiring assistance from, or disturbing the work of others.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Two years of prior applicable experience in Production Control
• Electronics experience desired.
• Automotive experience desired.
• Valid passport for travel required for travel
• Open staff room with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments, and sections. Must be able to effectively change tasks at a moment's notice when the situation requires.
" Some dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, solvents and occasional heavy lifting.
• Exposed to hazardous machinery and/or conditions that could result in injury up to and including a fatality if safety measures are not followed and adhered to.
• Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils. The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment
StlouisBestjobs - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard