Production Control Manager III
- Graphic Packaging International, Inc., a leading provider of food and consumer goods packaging, has an immediate full-time opening for a Production Control Manager III at its Lumberton, North Carolina location.
Under general guidance, plans, directs and schedules production efficiently to include material, people, and equipment to produce and deliver quality cartons on time. This person will also be responsible to manage inventory flow through the manufacturing operation and assist Plant Manager in daily operations of facilities.
- Maintain and control plant finished goods, raw materials, and corrugated inventories.
- Interacts with Customer Service and Sales regarding incoming orders.
- Oversees Shipping/Receiving, Production Control Administrative employees to include the Plant Scheduler.
- Communicate with Plant Manager regarding the necessary equipement and materials to run product.
- Insure production schedule meets customer shipment requirements.
- Maintain corporate goals of Safetyy, COV, and Productivity (NLF/NSPSH).
- Interaction with accounting to evaluate variances with the manufacturing process.
- Develops, recommends, and implements operating policies and ensures the application of such policies.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all departments of the plant in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Manages employees by establishing performance goals, allocating resources, and assessing performance.
- Provides leadership directed at continuous improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Provides leadership and direction to production management and employees to continuously improve quality, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Assists and supports plant manager in all aspects.
- Drive the LEAN Sigma process throughout the facility, improving organization, housekeeping, and inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods.
- Serve as the Plant Champion focusing efforts on continual improvement and process change.
- Drive overall plant performance and compliance with quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred and a minuimum of 3-5 years of management/leadership experience in a folding carton packaging industry or similar manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Foresight, creativity, sense of urgency, and good organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Technical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Experience with managing a non-union environment.
Graphic Packaging International offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package:
- 401K Plan
- Dental, Medical, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Graphic Packaging - 19 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...