Job Description |
Production Coordinator I - 3221
** REPOST - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS REMAIN UNDER CONSIDERATION AND NEED NOT REAPPLY **
Production Coordinators (PCs) develop and implement standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that production/test batch operations run effectively and efficiently in multiple environments (MVS, AIX, Linux, Solaris, etc.), and Windows. PCs work with development, business, and technical support areas to modify, improve, and implement new applications. They monitor and troubleshoot production/test batch operations. They execute restart, recovery, and disaster recovery plans as appropriate for production/test batch work.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Oversees production runs for most Enterprise applications. Input the jobs into the schedule software and run scheduling software
• Monitors production cycle to identify errors or job failure/abends in programs. Identifies and troubleshoots errors. Determines best strategy for resolving errors quickly.
• Monitors execution of recovery procedures to ensure that they are completed successfully
• Analyzes errors for single Enterprise model impacts
• Ensures appropriate change tickets are completed. Ensure all corporate change procedures are followed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT /Project Management or equivalent work experience
• Exposure to or experience in basic computer operations, job scheduling, program troubleshooting techniques, system recovery, monitoring, production processing and systems structure knowledge
• Must have basic demonstrated proficiency with...
o Mainframe Operating Systems (MVS), including the SDSF and ISPF interfaces.
o Some type of scheduling software
o Basic JCL knowledge for problem solving & resolution
o PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, etc.).
o Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
o Adapts to change quickly, ability to reprioritize work frequently as needed.
o Able to work any shift or days of the week and hours of the day and can modify work schedules to cover any shift as needed.
Business Specific Criteria (preferred skills):
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT
Experience in scheduling batch jobs or scripts and executing IT production processes
• Distributed platforms such as AIX or Windows, including scripting or batch commands.
• Understanding change management, incident management, project management implementation impacts in a batch environment.
Primary Location Jacksonville
Organization Blue Cross Blue Shield of Fla
Posting Deadline Aug 31, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 19 months ago
Your Health Solutions Company
We’re here for the people of Florida with every aspect of their health and wellness—from the...