As a strategic business partner this position provides assistance to the Production Manager, ensuring materials and equipment are available for on time delivery of quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1) Ability to design, develop and implement production information technology systems
2) Responsible for trouble-shooting, updating and correcting various machine related information technology system issues
3) Responsible for assisting production team with quality, scheduling and on-time delivery
4) Responsible for purchase orders and the follow through of delivery and/or changes with vendors
5) Ability to interpret contracts and vendor requirements
6) Assist the Production Manager in daily coordination of production between departments
7) Maintain and track various production related information and data
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree with 0 - 3 years experience or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Experience in a union manufacturing plant preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- SAP and ADP knowledge preferred
- Ability to work with a diverse set of personalities
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work flow
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
- Proactive and action-oriented personality; comfort within a fast paced environment and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability and experience working productively and proactively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven problem-solving skills; solution focused.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to process reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees within the organization as well as outside vendors. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively present information to the department and members of management.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Graphic Packaging International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decisions on an employee's or candidate's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other bias prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Graphic Packaging - 19 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...