Job Summary : Involved in production section activities for pre-production and mass production of parts and assemblies. Directs and coordinates activities of the production section, actions and decisions made in relation to the roles and responsibilities listed in this job description .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise team leaders, trainers, and associates to meet production goals by communicating: job expectations; production plans, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates
- Maintain staff by, selecting, orienting, training and developing associates to meet production goals and personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain work flow by: establishing cycle times and overall equipment effectiveness; monitoring steps of the process to ensure cycle times are achieved; monitoring control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; completing production reports; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Meet daily production goals by: scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring and reporting progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting production results
- Maintain quality standards by ensuring quality standards are followed throughout production process
- Responsible for daily data entry for production output, scrap parts, and repaired parts, in Syteline MRP system.
- Ensure operation of equipment by contacting maintenance for repairs and researching and evaluating new equipment and new techniques to improve production process.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing daily production performance records.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the proper use of all equipment, and maintaining compliance with established environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by investigating issues; identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Track and maintain a record of training hours and labor hours
- Accurately record all downtime and report to section manager
- Implement and maintain 5s Lean Manufacturing Philosophy
- Follow all aspects of Environmental and Quality Standards.
- Follow all ISO 14001 procedures and to report any nonconformance to procedures to your supervisor or Management Representative
- Responsible for completing all corrective actions or preventative actions assigned
o Education and/or Experience:
§ Minimum Associate’s degree prefer in Operations management or business or 2 years of supervisory experience preferably in Manufacturing industry
§ Knowledge of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
§ Knowledge of Cycle time
§ Knowledge of Employment Laws
§ Must have good writing skills
§ Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for manufacturing and distribution of products
§ Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
o Communication Skills:
§ Able to make both oral and visual presentations to all levels of the Tri-Con
§ Able to talk to others to convey information effectively
§ Ability to engage associates
o Analytical Skills
§ Knowledge of problem solving methods to identify root causes and solutions to problems
§ Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution
o Computer Skills
§ Intermediate user of Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
§ Knowledge of or experience with an ERP or MRP system
Monster - 11 months ago