We are currently looking for a talented Production Coordinator to join our Production team within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Applicants must be extremely detail-oriented, highly organized and be able to work cooperatively in a team-oriented environment within the Production umbrella.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Assisting authors with manuscript questions and issues (via email and/or phone).
- Ensuring that figures and tables meet publication requirements.
- Tracking files at various stages of production to ensure timely publication.
- Performing quality control and light copyediting on text files and article metadata.
- Performing quality control on web files before final publication.
Apply now | Return to top
- We are looking for a hands-on quick learner preferably with a degree in a scientific discipline, although equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Background working with a content management system or similar software driven tracking system.
- Familiarity with XML-based publishing is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Explorer. Basic knowledge of graphics software programs is also preferred.
- Experience with scientific and medical publications and/or other publishing are desirable.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment, learns new software quickly, and shows a willingness to investigate and solve difficult issues.
- Organizational skills (strong ability to manage aggressive deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks).
- Graphics experience (Understanding of basic digital media concepts such as resolution and file types).
- Strong communication skills, the application of sound judgment, tact and decisiveness when working with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to learn and enforce style and formatting rules.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 17 months ago