Who We Are
HowAboutWe is an experience-driven dating and relationships brand. We help
people who are single and people in relationships to experience true romance
in the real world. Through our unique services and content we support our
members to fall in love and to stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in
Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s
lives. You can read more about us here .
We have three main products:
Who You Are
You are an experienced production designer who wants to join us in creating a suite of
consumer-facing products that transform the way people find and sustain love online and
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site. Our members start with the
words “How about we...” then describe the date they’d like to go on
(i.e. “How about we... have dinner at this cool rooftop restaurant I
- HowAboutWe for Couples makes it easy for a couple to have meaningful, shared
experiences together, again and again. Each month, members receive a new
DateBook — a curated catalogue of HowAboutWe Dates, hand-picked for their
quality and originality — choose the ones they like… and go.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content
about dating and relationships. It is the home of all content-oriented
initiatives carried out by the HowAboutWe brand.
- 1-2 years experience designing marketing creative, websites, and mobile / tablet
applications. This would ideally include production design experience in a high
traffic / fast-turn-around environment.
- High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Strong photo retouching skills.
- Excellent file organization.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Love for pixel-perfect design.
You will work closely with the design team to deliver all production assets. This includes
the beautiful dates we curate for our Couples experience, branded marketing materials,
some content design for our blog, photo assets for commercials and banners, and
assets that support our feature development.
- Understanding of web standards and modern client-side engineering using
- UX and Visual Design Experience.
- Flash / Animation Experience.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support
relocation for the right candidates.
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options – We pay highly competitive salaries
in addition to significant stock options.
- Agile Process – Our product development is hugely collaborative and includes
working directly with our stakeholders on delivering business value, pair
programming and daily stand-ups.
- Equipment – Each designer is outfitted with the latest, large-screen iMacs.
- Continued Learning – We’ll pay for designers to go to several conferences a
year to continue learning their craft.
- Health Insurance and Dental – We provide high-end health and dental for all
employees and their families.
- Ten Paid Holidays – Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days – We encourage all team members to take vacation and
- Food & Drink – Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our
work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and
cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout, CEO at
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our work and want to
contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout, CEO
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a link to your portfolio.
HowAboutWe - 17 months ago