We’re a smart, growing team tackling big problems. Natera’s mission is to give couples the best chance of having a healthy child and we need your help to bring the latest technology in genetics together with advanced signal processing and statistics.
Natera's largest and most rapidly-growing product is a non-invasive prenatal test which is already distributed world-wide. This product is based on both advanced molecular biology and cutting-edge statistical algorithms. The production engineer will take primary ownership of this product's daily operation from a data and algorithms perspective. No biology background is necessary.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
Skills & Requirements
- Manage daily operations for the product algorithms. Track issues, coordinate new feature releases, provide data analysis support to laboratory operations.
- Investigate data quality concerns using Matlab. Drive informed and timely solutions for unexpected scenarios
- Interface with other groups within the company, especially lab operations. Be the "go to" person for data and algorithms issues.
- Track ongoing product performance metrics and investigate any variations, in cooperation with lab operations. Develop software tools to support this.
- BS in engineering, math, or similar technical field
- Moderate to extensive experience with Matlab
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, especially for problem solving under pressure
- Eagerness to acquire new skills in areas such as databases, statistics, and genetics
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks independently
The mission of Natera is to help doctors give couples the best chance of having a healthy child. Our company was formed in 2004 by a team of doctors, geneticists, statisticians, and software engineers who embarked on developing a technology called Parental Support™, to enable highly reliable testing of multiple genes and chromosome copy number from minute amounts of DNA. Natera has helped thousands of families with its one-of-a-kind testing.
Natera is funded by the National Institutes of Health, and top Silicon Valley VC firms including Sequoia Capital, Claremont Creek Ventures, and Lightspeed Ventures.