Currently the fifth largest producer of natural gas in the United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 2 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached 300 MMcf at year-end 2012. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin, Utah and New Brunswick, Canada.
Production engineer needed to optimize natural gas well production and profitability in the Fayetteville Shale Division. The position is based in Conway, Arkansas with frequent travel to the field.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for ongoing production operations in assigned area of approximately 400-600 horizontal shale gas wells
- Steward of HSE practices and regulations
- Daily surveillance and evaluation of producing wells in assigned areas to aggressively solve problems and deficiencies, assuring that well performance is maximized
- Regular review of offline wells to minimize downtime
- Planning and design of artificial lift, remedial work and other well operations to optimize asset performance
- Write procedures and justification for well intervention, maintenance, workover, artificial lift installation, recompletion, P&A, and other well work projects in assigned areas
- Prepare AFE estimates, economics and justifications
- Regular review of Lease Operating Statements to ensure accuracy of information and identify cost reduction potential
- Perform post work evaluation on capital and expense well work to ensure profitability is maximized
- Provide engineering support to operations and multi discipline development team to identify, evaluate and implement studies and new technologies
- Write and establish best practices by coordinating production related projects and specific operations for the entire field as necessary
- Work with facilities engineers and midstream company to ensure optimization of surface operations
- Provide leadership and training for less experienced staff
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- Bachelor degree in engineering is required, Petroleum Engineering degree is a plus
- 3-5 years related experience is required
- Horizontal well completions, unconventional reservoirs, well site supervision, workover and facilities engineering experience is a plus
- Experience with artificial lift and gas well deliquification methods is a plus
- Must be flexible and capable of travelling and working in the field as required
- Must have ability to develop and manage multiple, fast track projects
- Must have strong communication and time management skills as the position needs to respond quickly to operational issues and field personnel
- Proficient in MS Office
SouthWestern Energy Company - 8 months ago