Work as part of an operational team that includes production engineers and production operations personnel.
Proactive in Environmental, Safety, and Health standards and practices.
Evaluate historical production to identify and recommend opportunities for production enhancement and minimizing lease operating expenses.
Track and monitor production volumes and lease operating expenses.
Evaluate and recommend artificial lift optimization opportunities.
Implement expense work over jobs, track and evaluate past work over jobs.
Work closely with completions, facility construction and SCADA/measurement teams.
Monitor chemical treatment programs for scale or corrosion inhibition.
- Must have prior experience in workover design and supervision, production optimization, and ongoing production and maintenance operations activities.
- Experience with beam pumping oil wells desired.
- 3+ years industry experience, primarily in production engineering.
- Some reservoir engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience in Bakken/ThreeForks reservoirs desired.
- Prior experience/working knowledge of Aries/OGRE, IHS Power Tools and Cygnet or related software desired.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks with minimum direction of others to meet sensitive deadlines and production goals.
- B.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...