Essential Duties Responsibilities:
Required Skills or Tools:
- Works in conjunction with Project Managers to ensure that project scope of work and design parameters are clearly defined.
- Reviews customer specifications and prepares process PIDs for packaged equipment.
- Performs ASME code calculations for pressure vessels using vessel design software.
- Prepares rotating and static equipment, control valves and instrumentation technical specifications.
- Conducts vendor bid analyses and selects equipment reviews vendor documentation for conformance to the requirements of the specifications.
- Performs hydraulic and heat transfer calculations for the design of equipment as required.
- Performs structural analyses of equipment skids using design software as required.
- Establishes engineering execution schedules and sets up regular status review meetings with engineering/design team to ensure all tasks assigned on projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Works closely with designers/drafters to ensure that vessel, structural, and assembly drawings and BOM meets project requirements.
- Coordinates all aspects of technical content changes during design/fabrication and supports project management for revised cost estimates.
- Prepares functional test procedures for packaged equipment.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing during fabrication of equipment and participates in LEAN manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
- Provides assistance to field personnel during onsite field checks and commissioning of equipment.
- Supports applications engineering on technical issues related to preparation of proposals.
- Works on equipment packages with all levels of complexity for ON and OFFSHORE applications with minimum support.
- Develops engineering design tools and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of work.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Provides status updates of all activities to leadership team.
- Must be capable of managing multiple issues simultaneously.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Candidate shall be proficient in the use of general computer software like Word, Excel, and Access, and shall have working knowledge of engineering software like AutoCad and 3-D design software.
- Proficiency with ASME pressure vessel code and calculations and/or training.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Bachelor'sdegree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to seven years of engineering and design experience with gas and liquid production equipment and facilities including: Oil &Gas Separators, Oil & Gas Dehydration, and Glycol Regeneration;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in Engineering, plus two years of relevant professional experience.
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...