We are looking for a creative, attentive, and motivated individual to fill our newest position of Production Intern . This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain a basic understanding of Graphic Design and its application in the workplace. Under the direction of the Manager of Production, the Production Intern designs, formats, and produces a variety of printed and electronic documents, including course materials, publications, marketing brochures and catalogs, sales presentations, proposals, reports, etc.
- Assist the production team with the production of course materials, publications and marketing materials using Word, PowerPoint and InDesign, including making changes per instructions, formatting content, applying templates and styles, updating and/or placing graphics, etc.
- Assist with course projects in the content management system (CMS), including applying appropriate templates, formatting content according to ESI’s CMS style guide, make changes as noted by editor or project manager, outputting files and preparing files for production or delivery.
- Upload graphics to CMS and enter meta data, such as description, key words, image size, etc. Assist Production Team with:
- Building course materials and marketing documents on Mimeo.com for print production
- Posting files to FTP sites
- Publishing interactive PDFs for online viewing
- Burning CDs
- Provide support to other projects as needed
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
- Working knowledge of Visio and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash; ability to make updates/changes to graphics created in these programs by graphic designers
- Ability to create and manipulate PDF files using Adobe Acrobat
- Understanding of the basic tenets of document layout, typography, color theory and graphic design a plus
- Proven ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple, concurrent projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- HTML experience a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems and XML a plus
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Positive customer service and can-do attitude
- Entering junior or senior year of 4-year degree program (preferably in Communications, Graphic Design, or similar), or recent college graduate
ESI International - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard