Primary Function: The inventory analyst is responsible for the analysis and maintenance of production inventory controls, procedures and systems to achieve accurate financial inventory information. This is accomplished through a comprehensive analysis of inventory transactions to identify problems, recommend solutions and drive implementation of improved practices, tools and policies.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to assist in evaluating inventory performance and resolving issues.
- Support cross functional inventory performance review between involved departments.
- Prepare data and analysis, to ensure that inventory performance strategies are being executed and planned.
- Propose product level forecasts through analysis of sales history, key events and statistical models.
- Identify unproductive inventory in order to optimize inventory productivity and turn.
- Locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Write and maintain processes and procedures for Production Inventory.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Investigate or report questionable data.
- Majority of day will be spent in the Production Area Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages a constant 50 degrees (except office areas).
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of the supply chain process
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and organize daily activities to finish work required within agreed upon commitments and deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Navision and/or Targit Software experience a plus.
Sunset Produce is a family owned partnership between the Robert & Duane Munn families. Today, in its fourth generation, the partners are...