Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. MSA’s Information Management Solutions (IMS) division has been offering client-focused data management, technology and analytic solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s. We are currently seeking a Production Lead to join the IMS Operations Team. The Operations Team is responsible for the daily operations and delivery of data to our clients. In addition, the Production Lead will coordinate work internally between the client service team, QA and IT. The ideal candidate will have experience leading or managing projects, strong analytical skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Work directly with Client Service and/or client to recommend various options to accomplish desired results. Translate client requirements into operational instructions. Responsible for resource allocation for existing work and new initiatives. Provide time and resource estimates upon request.
- Manage and provide technical leadership on complex projects and is able to proactively identify, communicate and solve business and technical problems providing technical direction regarding project requirements. Inform appropriate audience of the implications related to technical decisions. Design and establish criteria for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and production implementation. Ensure quality assurance procedures have been performed. Audit quality assurance process for assigned projects. Define metrics to identify potential problems or weaknesses.
- Communicate and coordinate work across functional areas within the division. Set up and lead technical meetings and discussions. Is able to interact and participate in client calls and meetings for the projects they are assigned and for any new initiatives.
- Use project management skills to effectively complete detailed project plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, and assignments. Set priorities and balance resources across projects they are assigned.
- Design, document and implement new system processes and procedures. Audit existing processes across business unit. Apply industry knowledge and technical experience to cut costs, gain efficiencies and reduce time to market.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of strategic goals for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Attend ongoing training to achieve personal, professional, and technical improvement. Work with management team to determine the training needs of the divisions. Ensure staff receives appropriate training. Lead initiatives to create and deliver department training.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience. A master's degree in a relevant discipline may substitute for one year of experience.
- Minimum six years relevant experience with prior experience managing or leading projects
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral including the ability to translate and present technical and analytical issues; ability to interact with all members in a team or divisional environment
- Well developed data mining and manipulation skills
- Knowledge and awareness of new tools and techniques in the industry
- Strong technical skills and the ability to work on multiple platforms
- Effective time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to lead or manage projects
- In-depth knowledge of database structure and data models
- Basic MS Office applications
- Ability to manage resources on their projects, identifying needs and working with upper management to look across the division to fill those needs
- Ability to translate and converse about technical and analytical issues to technical and non-technical contacts both internally and externally
- Responsible for assigned project work including resource management associated with projects
- May also be responsible for immediate and direct supervision of employees including goal setting, career growth, evaluations, and other personnel matters
- Review operational expectations and implement initiatives that ensure on-time delivery and quality data
- Understanding of client and industry business and its challenges