THE ASHEBORO, NC PLANT IS THE NEWEST AND MOST MODERN FACILITY IN MALT-O-MEAL WITH STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT, FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY PROCEDURES. THE PLANT IS ADDING MANUFACTURING LINES, THE BUILDING IS BEING EXPANDED AND THE WORKFORCE IS GROWING. JOIN AN EXCITING, FAST PACED AND REWARDING ENVIRONMENT!
POSITION: Production Line Manager
LOCATION: Asheboro, NC
SHIFT: 6:00PM - 6:00AM (2-3 schedule)
EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, permanent position offering competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, disability, vacations and holidays, 401-K and others.
Manage the processing, packaging and material handling of cereal production lines in a safe and sanitary work environment, within quality standards, while meeting the production schedule within cost limitations. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
- Education : Bachelor’s Degree (4 year degree) in Science, Engineering, Management or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience working in a highly automated manufacturing facility and include at least 3 years of supervisory experience. (Experience working in a food processing/packaging environment is preferred).
- Demonstrated coaching, delegating, and facilitating skills.
- High awareness and commitment to safety, food safety and quality.
- Business skills, communication skills, mathematics and knowledge of GMP’s are essential.
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, SPC, etc) is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language
J OB COMPLEXITY
- Manage and develop operations employees to performance expectations and company standards for personal safety, productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Manage employee expectations and accountability. Act as general support and as a communication resource for employees. Consult with employees regarding personnel and production problems.
- Manage operations facilities, equipment and systems in functional, sanitary and safe working condition while meeting all regulatory requirements. Perform safety, GMP, and pre-operational audits. Manage and coordinate finished product, packaging, raw material and work-in-process inventories to meet production needs.
- Plan, organize and coordinate work activities of operations personnel and production scheduling to meet demand requirements.
- Improve processing and packaging efficiencies.
- Implement new operating procedures. Recommend and implement equipment changes.
- Maintain involvement and influence in the development and implementation of products, process and equipment changes.
- Help develop and implement training programs for team members in a systematic manner to cover all contingencies; assist employees in their self-development, e.g., leadership development, outside education, etc. Know and communicate training status of Operations Team.
- Develop, support and implement programs and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for incident investigation and root cause analysis for timely closed loop corrective action with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Internal : Primary contact with Operations staff, Maintenance, Product Technology, Logistics and Engineering personnel to solve problems, exchange information and maintain production. Interact with other departments to meet business needs.
- External : Contact with service representatives to assist in troubleshooting, design review, sanitation and general manufacturing engineering. Contact with regulatory agencies during plant inspections. Primary contact for emergency response personnel. Contact with customers while providing plant tours.
- Problem Solving : Prioritize available resources, manpower, and raw materials to provide a safe work environment in meeting quality, cost constraints and the production schedule. Resolve personnel problems: organize staff, discipline, maintain good morale within the limits of available resources, train, etc. Facilitate discussion and then decide, using company specifications, whether product is acceptable through the noncompliance system. Provide input as to disposition of material.
- Work Structure : Works under the guidance of the Operations Manager(s) and as a key member of the operations management team. Incumbent coaches production staff to accomplish production list and understand responsibilities, job expectations and accountability. Responds to "trouble" areas as problems arise. Incumbent plans to prevent problems.
- Responsibilities : Responsible for supervision of 30 or more production personnel; occasional responsibility for up to 150 or more personnel when working in absence of other Line Managers. Part of a team that has 1 st line responsibility for day-to-day management responsibilities for labor, ingredients and packaging materials, plus annual production/sales volume and several million dollars in plant equipment.
MOM Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
MOM Brands - 23 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...