Careers » Opportunities » Production Manager
Company Name: CBN Secure Technologies Inc.
Location: Albany, NY
Reports To: Director of Operations, Danville, VA
CBN Secure Technologies builds upon a proven ability to deliver security, stability, and quality in high-security documents and issuance technologies. For over 100 years, our parent, Canadian Bank Note Company, has delivered secure documents, currencies, systems, and services to governments around the world. Our resume includes delivering the groundbreaking DL/ID cards for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, arguably the most secure and trusted DL/IDs in North America. This commitment to security and innovation is the foundation for CBN STI's established, high-security production operations in Virginia and New York, designed to serve Customers requiring high-value identity documents.
Responsible for managing and planning through all manufacturing processes and other operational elements, including but not limited to safety, security, equipment, personnel, quality, day to day customer interface and overall manufacturing performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- 100% responsible for the day to day activities and continual improvement of manufacturing operation;
- Planning, staffing, training, assessing and guiding Production Supervisors and their team members;
- Drive accountability with Production Supervisors and their team members;
- Responsible for departmental budget;
- Monitoring and analyzing production, quality control, safety, maintenance, and other operational reports in order to detect production problems;
- Ensure the accurate reporting of all production (efficiency, waste, downtime, cost, dashboards etc) as outlined by the Director of Operations CBN STI;
- Meet all production department business plans and objectives. Provide written action plans for any required corrective action and continuous improvement;
- Ensure team member involvement in corrective actions and continuous improvement;
- Support customer presentations as it relates to items of manufacturing responsibility;
- Adhere to all quality requirements as outlined in the control plan;
- Ensure all employees adhere to security policies and procedures;
- Promote an atmosphere of safety, employee satisfaction, involvement and team work;
- Identifying and creating written justification for capital expenditures;
- Coordinating and recommending procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification;
- Initiating and coordinating process improvement programs, lean manufacturing techniques, 5-S, safety, ISO 9000/27001, cost control programs as identified;
- Responsible for inventory, bill of materials planning, process flow diagrams, schematics, test procedures and other documents as required;
- Hiring, training, mentoring, developing, empowering and evaluating staff members . includes responsibility for employee discipline.
- Bachelor.s Degree or Technology Diploma in engineering, science, manufacturing or related field, or related experience;
- Must be able to pass all background and credit checks;
- Manufacturing experience in a high volume, repetitive production environment;
- Demonstrated LEAN experience . (Kanban systems, scheduling, reduction of cycle time, visual metrics, flow and load balancing preferred);
- Working knowledge of inventory systems used to track production, inventory and shipping required;
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint);
- Familiarity with and ability to work with financials;
- Experience in ISO 27001is an asset;
- Minimum 3 years supervisor experience;
- Must travel for training within United States, Canada and internationally.
- Strong leadership and team building skills and ability to delegate;
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong technical background.
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CBN Secure Technologies, Inc. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
*** TO STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST CBN STI NEWS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUP "CBN Secure Technologies Inc." ***
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited - 12 months ago