- Responsible for the leadership of a production crew with regards to safety, quality, efficiency and consistent application of best practices.
- Provides a strong floor presence and understanding of the processes adequate to set the example for others to follow.
- Handles day-to-day production documentation, ensures its accuracy and timely input into reporting systems.
- Provides training to shift personnel to make sure all employees have the tools necessary for optimum performance.
- Utilizes data systems to identify areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Oversees all safety initiatives within the facility to ensure all safety goals and objectives are met, maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Oversee the performance of all quality checks performed by associates.
- Handles routine issues with regards to employee relations.
- Works with supervisors to oversee all Production department personnel/HR issues including: hiring, reviews, recognition, disciplinary, attendance, and grievances.
- Responsible for the execution of a production schedule as developed with the Scheduler to satisfy customer service requirements with respect to time, cost, and quality.
- Ensures cost effective inventory levels of production supplies are maintained to meet production requirements.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager on the preventative maintenance required for the operational equipment.
- Maintains contact with the sales department so that customer requirements are effectively met and maximum utilization of plant facilities is obtained.
- Assists in taking all physical inventories in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Ensures that the necessary plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are developed and that production employees have been trained to meets plant operations objectives.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient day to day operation of the manufacturing floor.
- Maintains standards throughout the plant.
- 5-10 years previous production management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- SAP experience a plus
- Experience in the plastics industry a plus.
- Must be able to multi task, work independently, and have strong demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated experience of being engaged at the floor level and "hands on"
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- A Bachelor's degree is Required.
Graham Packaging offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental insurance, paid holidays and vacations, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with matching, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc.