Condé Nast is renowned for provocative, influential, award winning content-across brands, across platforms, and across continents. We’re committed to attracting new talent to keep us at the top of our business. If you are looking to be part of a culture of excellence marked by journalistic integrity and superior design, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast.
The Glamour Production Manager is responsible for overall quality control on
int pages and digital folios including pages worked on by other production department employees and other departments. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic, best in class team.
Daily responsibilities could include:
- workflow from the beginning to close, including routing pages and managing production department and freelancers to ensure work is done in a quick and effective manner.
- Assist in managing and overseeing Digital Production and allocating any iPad, Kindle and Nook tasks.
- Respond to all production requests and questions.
- Assist in shipping all pages to Quad via Smart Create. Quality check all Smart Create and DBL pages for production quality including overall appearance, silo & bleed checks and adherence to style guide and quality checklist.
- Troubleshoot any K4/InDesign/InCopy/Font problems.
- Work with Managing Editors to meet all daily and weekly ship goals.
- Assist with sending and placing art. Oversee the tracking of color with Quad using Google Docs. Work to ensure all art is sent out on time and color is approved on deadline.
- Assist the Production Director in managing freelance hours.
- Create and manage style sheets/libraries/templates/stylebooks as they arise.
- Attach and style all text into layouts and create article from layouts for editorial.
- Serve as the lead backup anytime Production is ‘on call’ evening and weekends.
- Manage and supervise staffing of all late-night shifts.
- Maintain/ship print cover files per Design Director’s instructions.
- Bundle final folio files for digital editions on both 10” and 7” formats and maintain metadata for all digital files.
- Experience managing others in a fast-paced work environment and ability to delegate assignments and responsibilities to a team to advance daily and evening work goals.
- Strong attention to detail, especially production quality assurance, and proven critical thinking, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Software Skills: Adobe CS5 InDesign & InCopy, K4 workflow and Digital Publishing Suite.
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, four business-to-business publications, 27 websites, and more than 50 apps for mobile and tablet devices, all of which define excellence in their categories. The company also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM), whose portfolio of brands serves as the leading source of news and analysis for the global fashion community. Condé Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined. Visit CondéNast.com and follow us on Twitter @CondeNastCorp and @CondeNastCareer.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
Conde Nast - 2 years ago
While being Wired may hold a certain Allure, traditional publishing will always be in Vogue at Advance Magazine Publishers, doing business...