JOB TITLE: Production Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
JOB PURPOSE : This position is responsible for leading a growing manufacturing process in a 200+ million pound per year, 7 day/week, dry mix operation with a staff of approximately 250 full-time and part-time employees at the Hopkinsville Dry Mix Plant. Effective leadership, planning, continuous improvement, technical, financial, communication and coaching skills are needed to ensure safe production of high quality products to meet our customer needs in the most cost effective manner through empowered work teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
- Establishes safety as a top priority in training, job design, work assignment and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures product safety and security: establishes high performance standards in Housekeeping, GMP ’s, BRC, and all regulatory expectations.
- Ensures product quality: establishes and manages systems to ensure “right the first time” performance and appropriate interfaces with suppliers and customers.
- Organizes and manages daily operational requirements to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Drives Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to dramatically improve costs.
- Responsible for leading AM pillar and activities for the plant.
- Supports aggressive “speed-to-market” initiatives to help grow the business and execute sound project management.
- Evaluates team performance efficiencies and coordinates necessary resources for schedule attainment.
- Strategic and tactical planning to meet business needs, with timely implementation.
- Coaches, teaches and coordinates programs for team members to develop business, technical and social skills.
- Manages financial performance, including budgeting, product costing, project cost/savings evaluation, expense and direct labor tracking, product yields and results feedback.
- Manages operation to comply with HR regulations, and company policies and guidelines: treats people with dignity, respect and fairness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Leader of people, teams and processes. Decision-maker. Confident and competent.
- High integrity. Honest. Trustworthy and trusting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Team and Continuous Improvement Facilitation skills.
- Excellent listener. Empathetic to team member concerns. Directs necessary follow-up actions.
- Systematic problem solver. Implements effective solutions to root causes of problems.
- Creative and change-oriented. Able to lead and direct the continuous improvement process in all areas.
- Strong understanding of TPM processes and delivering improved results thru these processes
- Proactive. Anticipates needs for change and plans for them.
- Strong business and technical skills in processing, packaging, logistical and financial areas.
- Sets expectations, tracks results and manages accountability.
- Effective developer of people. Teacher, coach and mentor.
- Team builder and team player. Able to interact effectively with people in all areas of the company and utilize High Performance Works System approach to develop teams.
- High energy. Self-starter with high initiative.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- College degree in manufacturing, engineering or food processing field, or equivalent.
- 10+ years managerial experience in continuously increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in variety of manufacturing areas including production and logistics, within the food industry.
- History of successful implementation of improvement methodologies –i.e. 5S, TPM
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.