Production Manager position is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Production Department at Stanley to assure that production, process capability and process engineering are met in a safe manner, and meeting all quality standards.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate all activities of the Production department in Stanley.
- Meet Production schedule with quality.
- Prioritize maintenance work on site.
- Approve weekly production schedule.
- Assure product quality in production.
- Set up and execute production plan for Stanley site.
- Manage waste budget for production department.
- Manage the SHE program duties applicable to production area, and provide training for associates in these areas. (Requires interface with SHEQ Manager.)
- Develop capital project needs for Production
- Implement and conduct training programs to upgrade specific associate's skills.
- Initiate and follow-through with equipment upgrades/needs in production area
- Manage waste and non-First Time Right to
- Manage controllable cost to 5% of budget
- Responsible for departmental safety and operating procedures
- Write and approve subordinate performance appraisals, salary levels
- Issue appropriate disciplinary action for performance, safety and quality corrective action
- Manage percent yield of batches
- Manage the Management of Change process as it relates to the production area.
- Responsible for meeting BU SHE plan goals within production.
- Requires a BS degree in chemical engineering, supervisory training, and a working knowledge of instrumentation, pumps, monitors, relief valves, and compressors. Distributive process control system knowledge/training is also required. Previous batch process experience desired.
- Four (4) years manufacturing experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Budget managing experience.
- Ability to work across departments.
- Must be able to independently analyze and research complex issues, apply good judgment, and make decisions or provide resolution through effective interface and communication with different levels of personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communications, coaching, and human relations skills with the ability to help others apply new information rapidly and efficiently.
- Must be self-directed, well organized, able to meet strict deadlines, adapt quickly with a dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient to advanced user with computer software packages, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows, Internet Explorer, AutoCAD, MS Access, etc. as these packages are used constantly. SAP knowledge and training preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and apply knowledge concerning OSHA, Environmental, ISO and SAP requirements. Knowledge of Statistical Process Control and/or Six Sigma would be helpful.
- Within 6 months and annually thereafter, trained on hazardous waste 90-day accumulation, 40 CFR 262.34(a) and 40 CFR 265.16(a)."
- As part of signing hazardous waste manifests, annual certification to Hazardous/Toxic Waste management, 40 CFR 262.34(d)(5)(iii)"
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM's HR vision and policy, please visit our Website at www.dsm.com/careers .
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration. Please submit application before deadline 5/3/2013. A reference procedure is part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these checks are required.
If you are experiencing difficulty accessing information from this section of our website, please contact us at 847-697-0400
DSM - 10 months ago
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...