Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for over half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. MSA’s Information Management Solutions (IMS) division has been offering client-focused data management, technology and analytic solutions to the Consumer Package Goods industry since the early 1980s. We are currently seeking a Production Manager to join the IMS Operations Team. The Operations Team is responsible for the daily operations and delivery of data to our clients. In addition, the Production Manager oversees work internally between the client service team, QA and IT. The ideal candidate will have experience leading or managing people and projects, strong analytical skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Manage and provide technical leadership on complex projects and is able to proactively identify, communicate and solve business and technical problems providing technical direction regarding project requirements. Inform appropriate audience of the implications related to the technical decisions. Review and challenge recommendations from others looking for and providing multiple options and costs. Define overall test plan and procedures for projects for the division.
- Work directly with Client Service and/or client to recommend methods to accomplish desired results. Work with leads and coordinators to translate client requirements into operational instructions. Ensure team is appropriately staffed for workload. Provide time and resource estimates upon request. Set priorities when conflicts arise.
- Use project management skills to effectively complete detailed project plans by identifying tasks, deliverables, and assignments. Set priorities and allocates resources across business unit.
- Communicate and coordinate work within and across divisions. Set up and lead technical or non-technical meetings and discussions. Is able to interact and participate in client calls and meetings for established projects or new initiatives.
- Understand division goals and work with senior management to identify strategic goals for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Make recommendations for technical and process improvements to existing processes and procedures. Design, document and implement new system processes and procedures, applying industry knowledge and technical experience to cut costs, gain efficiencies and reduce time to market.
- Responsible for immediate and direct supervision of employees including goal setting, career growth, evaluations, and other personnel matters
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing department wide policy changes
- Work with senior management to set operational expectations of the business unit for on-time delivery and quality data
- Attend ongoing training to achieve personal, professional, and technical improvement. Lead the initiative to ensure production staff in the division gets the training needed to excel at their jobs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience. A master's degree in a relevant discipline may substitute for one year of experience
- Minimum eight years relevant experience including demonstrated abilities in project planning, project management and personnel management
- Proven analytic and problem solving skills
- Proven communication skills including the ability to articulate and facilitate technical, business and analytical discussions at all levels
- Well-developed data mining and manipulation skills
- Knowledge and awareness of new tools and techniques in the industry and the ability to implement new techniques within the division
- Strong technical skills and the ability to work on multiple platforms; able to make recommendations for use of those platforms
- Effective time management skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking skills and project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of database structure and data models
- Basic MS Office applications
- Ability to manage resources at all levels across the division and keep in mind the best interest of the division as they work to allocate the correct resources for the job
- Considered an expert on technical discussions and applications and can be called upon in client or internal meetings to lead discussion
- Understanding of client and industry business and its challenges; keeps abreast of new industry trends
- Ability to help employees set and maintain career goals
Management Science Associates Inc. - 21 months ago