The Production Manager is responsible for Safety, Environmental Compliance, Quality, Production and Cost as it relates to the manufacture of MDF and HDF. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. The Production Manager must be seen as a driving force to accomplish change. This person must have a high sense of urgency that can be demonstrated to those working under them. Four direct reports and approximately 60 indirect reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage assigned staff including hiring, development, performance evaluations, etc. to ensure proper execution of all production related activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Interact with the Technical Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Plant Manger to ensure that production and quality issues are solved as they arise.
- Support engineering department in planning and executing new projects such as machine upgrades, modifications or future expansions.
- Manage and continuously develop departmental training programs to maximize plant performance while complying with all site, corporate, local, state and federal regulations.
- Provide strong leadership of production and finishing employees in a manner that supports participation in continuous improvement efforts, transparent and open communication and a self-directed team approach.
- Monitor production performance against objectives and identify and enforce counter-measures for performance that is below targeted levels.
- Exchange information and data with other mills in the corporation and enforce best –practice
- Meet or exceed all goals set between the Plant Manger and the Production Manager
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Wood Science preferred. Minimum of 10 year’s experience in an automated manufacturing environment. Prior experience with the manufacture of MDF using continuous pressing technology is highly desirable. Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills. Good leadership skills and demonstrated team player. Excellent computer and software skills using basic spreadsheets and word processing.
Monster - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard