The Production Manager directs plant operations ensuring the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality standards and customer delivery requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: Manage subordinate supervisors and superintendants who supervise employees in the manufacturing of company products. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this plant. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Delegate work assignments and directly supervise the plant staff to ensure the achievement of production objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality requirements.ssist in establishing production schedules to ensure timely delivery of customer products.
- Help ensure proper maintenance of equipment and building, and establish plant housekeeping standards.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OSHA, environmental and various regulatory agencies.
- Exposure with managing a union environment.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as algebraic formulas, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations accurately.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several and concrete variables.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, interpret blueprints, customer specifications, general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability o write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form manager, customers, and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual aptitude is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in production and operations management from a four-year college or university plus a minimum of five years progressively responsible related experience; or ten years progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of educational experience.
- Requires the ability to operate a computer, a variety of small hand tools and precision measuring devices, and standard office machines.
- Requires a working knowledge of accounting methods and cost control procedures.
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...