Come Join the Better Ingredients, Better Pizza Team!
Great things are happening at Papa John’s! If you are looking for a career in an international company, flavored with challenging work with a professional and highly motivated team, mixed with professional development opportunities and a competitive salary, look no further!
The Production Manager manages all aspects of dough production within the plant. This position ensures adherence to all quality assurance programs, meets plant productivity goals, develops leadership skills in self and direct report team, and creates a safe working environment according to PJFS standards. This position must demonstrate a working knowledge/competency in all processes/equipment to ensure safe/reliable operations of the facility.
What’s on the Menu:
- Direct dough production and sanitation operations to ensure product integrity and consistency in all areas of ingredient management.
- Maintain a high level of productivity through on-the-job training, measurement, and follow-up.
- Manage & develop production team by conducting regularly scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews, and effectively resolving performance issues.
- Function as a key member on the Leadership Team, maintaining positive peer relationships/teamwork in leading and demonstrating Papa John’s Core values while ensuring daily business and customer service objectives are achieved.
- Manage departmental budget, including all metric performance measurements that drive the cost per piece.
- Perform inventory counts to ensure adequate product supply; order product from selected vendors as needed.
- Effectively manage labor through planning, scheduling, and assessment of operational needs.
- Drive productivity standards by analyzing metrics surrounding key performance indicators. Recommend/implement ways to improve performance.
- Conduct periodic dough sampling and testing to ensure product quality integrity.
- Lead and participate in system wide cross-functional teams and taskforces.
- Establish department goals and objectives in alignment with PJ Food Service (PJFS) and Company goals.
- Ensure compliance with PJFS Safety, Sanitation, and HACCP policies & procedures, federal, state, and local regulations (OSHA, FDA, DOL) and all Papa John’s International, Inc., policies & procedures.
- Engineering and Maintenance Support & Collaboration
- Must be engaged to support Engineering in all support capacities
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests of production and automation equipment
- Assist in any installation, commissioning, and validation of new processes/ machines/ manufacturing technology
- Work closely with Engineering to coordinate training/testing of operations personnel
- Work closely with Engineering Team during any startup or ongoing plant operations to document operational gaps and collaborate on solutions
- College degree in industrial/food manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive management experience required, preferably in food production.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and audits required, i.e., FDA audits, HACCP, etc.
- Formal continuous improvement methodology (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate and provide verbal and written direction in English required.
- General understanding of mechanical and mathematical skills required.
- Working knowledge of principles of food manufacturing (including Good Manufacturing Practices) and distribution operations.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PeopleSoft and Kronos application experience preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- 24/7 on call availability required.
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts as necessary
An equivalent combination of experience and training may substitute for any of the listed position qualifications.
Papa John’s operates over 4,000 restaurants worldwide. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Please apply online at
Papa John’s is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
Papa John's - 19 months ago
Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and Domino's...