EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a skilled Production Operations Support Engineer to provide world class technical support for our Production EnerNOC Application. This is the perfect opportunity to work for a company experiencing tremendous growth in the clean energy industry. You will see the results of your efforts immediately, as you will be responsible for ensuring the reliable and consistent execution of the company's Production EnerNOC Application that our Network Operations Center (NOC) will use to help manage energy usage around the world.
As a member of the Production Operations team located in Boston MA, your technical experience in a Unix/Linux environment along with your previous experience helping to maintain an application with 24/7 uptime will enable you to dive right in to learning the specifics of supporting the EnerNOC application. These skills, coupled with your exceptional diagnostic abilities, interest in learning new technologies, and working in a fast paced dynamic environment, will help the team guarantee the reliability of the EnerNOC Application.
Critical to your success in this role will be the ability to bring excellent communication skills to the table, both written and verbal, as you interface with groups throughout the company. You’ll not only need to understand and provide support for technical issues, you will also need to communicate them to non-technical teams in a clear and understandable manner. Prior experience working with or providing support for projects utilizing some of the following will be essential for this role: Unix/Linux, Jboss, Apache, Oracle RDBMS, Java, OpenFire, Ejabberd, Complex Event Processing, Coherence, RabbitMQ, Bonitasoft, Cognos, Splunk, Java, Python.
If you have a desire to have fun with a committed team who is passionate about making the energy industry more efficient, effective, and environmentally sustainable, then this is a terrific opportunity to do just that!
• Establish new processes, SLAs, and escalation paths so that Production Operations has clear written instructions as to how to deal with any issues that might arise
• Participate in the 24 hour pager rotation and provide off hour and weekend support as necessary
• Responsible for investigating and proposing new technical tools
• Retroactively document and define known issues
• Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX command line environment
• High comfort level supporting one or more of the following: Jboss, Apache, Oracle RDBMS, OpenFire, Ejabberd, Complex Event Processing, Coherence, RabbitMQ, Bonitasoft, Cognos, Splunk
• Service-oriented and team focused attitude
• Willingness to provide rapid and high quality customer service to all requests and issues raised by EnerNOC’s Business and Engineering teams
• Able to ensure the reliable and consistent execution of the EnerNOC Production platform by proactively looking for and addressing platform issues before they are noticed by end users
• High attention to detail
• Ability to quickly prioritize and multitask
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Interest in Clean Energy
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...