The Manager of Production Planning is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The Production Planner will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast as well as determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling 12 month period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Provide accurate and timely communication of production shortages or delays which could impact customer deliveries
- Create a rolling 12-month Master Production Plan for products produced. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities
- Perform supply demand analysis each month, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months
- Maintain MRP system data integrity to ensure accuracy of product/system information. Establish and maintain economic order sizes, safety stocks, etc in order to maximize production efficiencies
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels while ensure high service levels
- Analyze item shortages reported by Shipping and schedule work orders as needed.
- Lead a monthly Sales and Operations Planning meeting to review the upcoming month’s requirements
- Timely reporting of key metrics
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Keywords: analytics, analysis, production, planning, project management, six sigma, lean manufacturing, supply chain, operations, business, Benjamin Moore
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business, or relevant field.
- 5-7 years of production planning experience using advanced MRP system within a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced working knowledge with ERP/MRP systems. Strong computer skills including advanced Excel, MS Office, Business Objects, Forecast Pro, Infinium and other database and web applications.
- Production planning or supply chain certifications (CPIM, APICS, etc.) required. Experience with Process Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Proven ability to develop reports and analyze data to initiate problem solving. Must be analytical and data driven in decision making process.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must be a team player with ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and follow-up on requests.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...