BROADWIND TOWERS & HEAVY INDUSTRIES
Broadwind Energy is seeking a Production Planner for our Towers & Heavy business located in Abilene, TX. Responsible for coordinating and maintaining production schedules including supporting maintenance. Provides daily reporting, develops & maintains KPIs, Champions continuous improvement, supports strategic initiatives and process development/oversight for the facility.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
· Maximize plant production capacity to meet customer delivery requirements
· Create accurate scheduling models to assist in strategic planning
· Troubleshoots and leads resolutions with schedule adherence and work order discrepancies.
· Develop procedures, training and work instructions.
· Assist marketing/sales in developing delivery schedules for customer proposals
· Maintain department data base, manual or computerized production and in process material records.
· Prepares routine reports and schedules required goods and services.
· Evaluate and monitor schedule performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
· Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time to ensure the fulfillment of master schedule requirements.
· Perform costs analysis, resulting in cost-effective and timely parts, products and tools
· Support and assist with CI projects
· Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you will need:
· Bachelors degree in Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineer or a related discipline.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and the coordination of people and resources.
· Ability to negotiate, bring others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Having good judgment and decision making ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions for availability of critical components.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail with customers, vendors, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company.
- Assist other administration managers with other projects as needed.
- Ability to create and follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in scheduling applications.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investmentsquicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization.