Persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, performing material planning activities in the Production Planning function of customer demand fulfillment in order to ensure total customer satisfaction within required timeline, quality standards, and total cost constraints.
- Check availability of inventory prior to firming / releasing work orders using system queries and reports.
- Provide lead times to the Customer Service team regarding Laird Promise Date for customer demand fulfillment.
- Schedule department / area production based on MRP outputs, triggered by demand inputs such as sales orders, customer schedules, sales forecasts.
- Effectively manage inventory levels to meet customer orders
- Develop, improve, and monitor reporting processes & systems to control the supply chain functions.
- Collaborate with Materials Management team to optimize supply chain and logistics solutions in order to maximize On Time Delivery to Customer request and Laird promise, while minimizing inventory investment.
- Make recommendations to management regarding improvements in the supply chain processes to better enable the company to be efficient, cut costs, and improve delivery performance to customers.
- Adheres to Laird quality and safety systems / safety standards.
- Previous demonstrated experience in production/materials planning/MRP required, QAD preferred.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral / interpersonal.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions (P/D/C/A).
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows programs, emphasis on Excel.
- Understanding and experience with integrated manufacturing software systems
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS or BA from accredited 4-year college preferred.
- 2 years of scheduling & planning experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 9 months ago