Industry leading supplier of life-saving protective products for law enforcement, military, and security personnel is looking for a detail oriented Production Planner with outstanding forecasting and trouble shooting skills.
The Production Planner is responsible for for planning, scheduling, and coordinating production at multiple Safariland facilities in order to insure efficient operations, cycle time, and product delivery. A strong customer service focus is a must. The position is responsible for order status to meet customer needs - reviewing deviations for material application, communicating with internal customers in case of delays in manufacturing, as well as reviewing inventory reports and depositioning slow moving inventory as needed.
If you are a candidate who is prone to perfection, who is driven to solve a problem with accuracy and a sense of urgency, and who is able to anticipate the needs of the business and professionally communicate these needs across functional lines, we welcome your application!
Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include:
- Plan and schedule workflow using MRP and other planning tools
- Professionally and proactively communicate information to internal customers
- Main work orders and purchase orders
- Prepare and maintain reports for backlog management
- Coordinate with other departments to expedite materials and information
- Manage customer care requests to expedite or change our customer requirements
- Attend daily production, inventory, and backlog meetings
- Manage issues with production material needs through return material authorizations to our offsite facilities and replacement work orders
- Maintain and assign lot control number for ballistic production
- Interface with inventory control to create a plan that utilizes our on hand inventory
- Analyze and interpret the construction of BOMs and specifications to determine the content and plan manageable work elements
- Manage work order changes and cancelations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to read and comprehend written material
- Adaptable to change; able to meet commitments in changing environment; focused on conflict resolution when needed
- Knowledge of MRP and ability to analyze in an MRP system
- Team oriented - able to participate in team meetings and effectively work in a group environment
- Excellent time management skills; uses time efficiently and prioritizes effectively
- Excellent work ethic as evidenced by timeliness, ensuring that work responsibilities are covered if absent, following instructions, positive response to management direction
- Volunteers readily, seeks increased responsibility, asks for help when needed, displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness
- 2-4 years in a Production environment
- 1-3 years within an MRP environment
- 5+ years as a Production Planner
- 5-10 years in a Production environment
- High School or GED Equivalent
- Associates degree preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
Safariland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Safariland - 4 months ago
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law e...