As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centers/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient, the company's 130,000+ employees achieved sales of more than $22.4 billion Euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations "Make the most of their energy." www.schneider-electric.us
Schneider Electric - Salt Lake City, Utah has a requirement for a talented and achieving Production Planner for our manufacturing facility.
This position is accountable for planning, scheduling, and coordinating of products through the complete production cycle. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements. Provides input to management to reschedule in case of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions. Manage upstream and downstream flows of components, products, equipment in accordance with the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
• Draws up schedules to establish sequence and lead time of each operation and department to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders
• Set up the Flow management's data (parameters) from yearly orders estimates (forecast) and daily readjust
• Check the stocks (level and reliability) in conducting inventories and analyzing possible gaps, set up the transfer of End life products
• Be involved in the improvement of the process and methods of procurement by solving and setting-up corrective actions
• Negotiate lead time, batch size, logistic aspect with the suppliers
• Follow-up regularly the KPIs and suppliers' performance and be involved some evolutions and action plan on suppliers
• Contribute to the MPS preparation: rate the load per line, monitor the internal subcontracting, manage under the overload
• College degree preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate with others orally and in writing. Communicates openly and candidly. Takes responsibility for keeping others informed.
• Adept at thinking on your feet, problem resolution, improving efficiencies, and continuous improvement.
• Technical / analytical / problem-solving
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...