Posting date: January 7, 2013
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Decision Making Authority
- Create and maintain production schedule for factory.
- Create work orders for production based on the production schedule.
- Schedule and track orders (both system and spares) to shipment on production schedule and in SAP.
- Communicate daily with order management, commercial groups and sales personnel to update and coordinate production plans to ensure alignment with customer requirements.
- Work with Materials department regarding delivery schedules of raw and finished material for both production orders and service orders.
- Work with the NPI buyer, Product Lines and Production Manager to schedule new products in production to shipment.
- Effectively use SAP, especially in regard to planning transactions, material master, and relevant reports and queries.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Releases and reschedules work orders kanban cards in support of the master schedule.
Authorizes cycle count adjustment up to $500.
Approves work order variances to $2,000.
Recommends last time purchases in support of product retirement.
Dispositions parts to Engineering Project Accounts until the product is released.
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- This position directly impacts the division’s ability to serve customers with on-time shipments.
- BS in Inventory Management, Material Planning or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- A combination of job related experience may be considered in lieu of a B.S. degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
- In depth knowledge of SAP, especially in regard to planning transactions, material master and relevant reports and queries.
- Understands computerized inventory tracking and record keeping systems.
- Proven understanding of the interrelationships between business functions: Materials, Accounting, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Customer Support, and Marketing.
- Able to deal with difficult situations logically and maturely.
- Proven effective communications both oral and written.
- Demonstrates logical and creative problem solving techniques.
- Committed team player.
- Adapts to changes, interruptions, disorders, repetition without losing efficiency or composure.
- Willingness to exercise independent judgment and action.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Visio, and other project tracking software highly recommended.
- Proven track record of meeting assigned operational goals and metrics.
(1) Physical Activities:
Standing, Walking, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Repetitive motions, Reaching.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements:
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity:
Inspection, Close Assembly, Clerical, Professional, or Administrative: This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, operation of machines, using measurement devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eye.
(4) Environmental Conditions:
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...