Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
Lead and manage the following activities of the Willard Plant's Supply Chain Department: Ingredient and packaging material releasing, delivery, and coordination of same with Corporate Purchasing and suppliers; production planning/scheduling; ingredient, packaging material, and finished product inventory control, and effective management of all information, database integrity, and reporting of same; coordination of Willard's production planning/scheduling and inventory control functions with Corporate Supply Chain personnel, Willard Distribution personnel, Willard Customer Service & Logistics personnel, and Field Sales personnel.
1. Direct the compilation, analysis, and development of the Plant Production Schedule. Match schedule to meet demand; achieve goals for inventory levels and turns, and customer service.
2. Direct and support raw material purchasing, releasing, expediting, and non-conformance resolution. Achieve goals for inventory levels and turns and line supply. Manage inventory position, run-outs, and obsolete.
3. Own and manage inventory. Accountable to develop procedures and achieve goals to effectively lead and manage inventory accuracy efforts, including tracking, reporting, troubleshooting, and correcting. Strive for 100% physical and system match.
4. Lead and support supply, scheduling, and inventory control for International, Interplant, Co-Pack, Food Service, and Flex Pack businesses.
5. Lead, manage, and develop the direct reports within the Production Planning & Inventory Control group in the Supply Chain Department to promote continuous longer-term goal and shorter-term results attainment, flexibility, and individual career development. This includes development of MBO's and all required performance reviews.
6. Develop, manage, and administer all PPIC reports and databases as department expert/resource.
7. Develop, track, and manage to attain the PPIC controllable expense accounts and Willard's inbound freight budget.
8. Direct and/or coordinate with others to ensure PPIC activities, databases, and directives meet all Willard Plant quality, food safety, and food security standards, and comply with all appropriate requirements of FPA and SOX.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
· Bachelor's Degree - Prefer in supply chain, operations management, business, management.
· Five years food industry experience in supply chain management preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent leadership skills needed to build teamwork, work efficiently, and deliver measurable results.
· Self-starter and results-oriented. Flexible, creative, and persistent.
· Moderate physical effort required; work could require walking and standing for approximately 50% of worktime.
· Computer proficiency; ability to master required software applications as an operations tool, tracking device, and report generator.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 17 months ago
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...