The Production Planning Manager will assist with manufacturing planning while managing our inventory for our latest network appliances. The ideal candidate will implement and run the inventory control process and draw up production schedules. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who enjoys planning the production process from start to finish. In addition, this candidate will get an opportunity to work with a team of highly experienced manufacturing professionals to support the growing demands of our clients worldwide. |
- Responsible for process improvement and process management of all inbound receiving, put-away, picking, shipping and inventory control.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, cycle count and physical inventory programs. Manages inventory control by coordinating and/or checking in product returns and updates inventory balances on hand. Minimizes inventory and carrying cost, replenishing inventory as required by production schedules or forecast.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with such activities as production, sales, and purchasing.
- Works closely with production personnel to ensure timely flow of products in and out of production. Ensures materials transactions being handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
- Processes MRP-driven PO requests and manual PO requests, ensuring that they are properly approved. Communicates new POs to suppliers. Maintains PO data in ERP ensuring that dates, quantities, locations, etc. are accurately matching suppliers’ schedules.
- Coordinates Suppliers’ production schedules for greatest efficiency while meeting required ship dates. Monitors suppliers’ shipping schedules in relation to acknowledged dates and company needs and recommend mitigating actions if needed. Responds to suppliers’ requests for shipping instructions and communicate instructions based on evaluated company needs.
- Perform receipts against PO’s when required. Help Investigate and correct reported discrepancies between reported shipments and reported receipts.
- More than 5 years of experience in production planning for computer or network appliances.
- Experience with materials management, MRP systems.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and quality policy.
- Experience with “LEAN” process is a plus.
- Scheduling & planning experience.
- Strong communications & people skills are critical.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is required.