Act as a liaison for Production Planning department with Sales & Marketing and all other product Fulfillment functions, communicating and troubleshooting issues, problems and concerns in executing the production plan.
- Reviews and revises production plans and schedules, as required by variances in the sales forecast, manufacturing delays or changes in product design.
· Continuously reviews the sales forecast, analyzes production plans and inventory reports, availability / requirements for long lead time items to provide production guidance to the Manufacturer.
· Coordinates with Sales, Order Fulfillment, Distribution partners and the Manufacturer to minimize backorders and maintain proper product inventory levels at all distribution centers to maximize product shipments and minimize out of stock situations.
· Establish inventory targets by product, while ensuring supply is adjusted as needed to support inventory goals.
· Review short term capacity (0 to 6 months) and confer with the Manufacturer to ensure line-scheduling procedures operate as needed to support the sales forecast and the inventory targets.
· Issues a receipts plan by product to the Distribution partners to support warehouse capacity and resource planning.
· Support new product introduction programs, in conjunction with Sales and Marketing, to maximize available new product while minimizing obsolete inventory and raw materials expense.
· Generate monthly forecast error reports and trends analysis; work with Marketing/Sales to help improve forecast error.
· Assist in the expediting of product finished goods, when necessary, to support customer order fulfillment.
· Recommend and implement production and transportation actions when products are in out-of-stock or allocation situations.
· Assist the VP Product Supply and other managers in establishing operational procedures, processes and reports for activities such as production planning and forecasting that enhance the production planning process.
· Conduct quarterly and annual capacity and inventory analysis and report & present findings.
· Supervises Production Planner(s); including providing direction on priorities, setting objective, conducting annual reviews and providing daily leadership and guidance.
· Provide assistance/guidance to management/departments on matters related to production planning and forecasting.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or similar field required. Additional coursework or seminars in production planning. APICS certification and/or affiliation a plus.
Minimum of 5-7 years progressive experience in a production planning / master scheduling role (preferably for a manufacturer of consumer products) using MRP/ERP systems, databases and spreadsheets is required. Additional warehouse/inventory experience preferred. Supervisory experience a plus, but not required.
Must be a self starter with excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with all internal departments as required. Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time. Well developed analytical and problem solving skills. Previous use of MRP/ERP systems and demand forecasting software. ERP implementation experience highly preferred. Expert experience in Excel and/or Access highly preferred. Must have the aptitude to analyze production reports, graphs, and memos etc.
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 13 months ago