Angelica Corporation, the leading supplier of linen and laundry services to hospitals in the healthcare market has openings in Production at our commercial laundry facility in Somerville, Massachusetts.
Production Associates process and prepare hospital linens for delivery according to customer specifications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities May Include:
- Loads, handles, sorts and records incoming soiled textiles; prepares and transfers textiles to other departments.
- Continuously grasps, sorts and grades clean textiles.
- Feeds and operates garment press machinery, or sorts and folds for final finishing.
- Folds textiles by hand or feeds into an ironer or folding machine.
- Manually feeds laundry into machinery.
- Repairs hospital linens with holes or raveled seams.
- Packs sanitized hospital linens according to customer specifications.
- Retrieves cleaned/dried linens which have been bundled (tied together in bundles) and loads them into carts.
- Manually load carts onto delivery truck.
- Operating forklifts, pallet movers, and other material handling equipment.
- Performs job rotation as required
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Meet production and safety standards for the position.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts and position depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
Typical Physical Activity
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting 50 lbs. or more and stooping.
- Physical Demands consist of the ability to move rolling carts of varying weights – up to and exceeding approximately 250lbs.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Full or Part-Time
Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint, dust, chemicals and other hazards. The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 50 lbs or more. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs.
: A person in this position must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
By applying to this job you are applying to p
ooling requisition and not to a specific position. If a specific position comes available and your application is reviewed you will be contacted for further information. Please keep in mind that all applications expire 30 days from applying. If you would like to still be considered for an opening after the 30 day time frame please log back into your profile and reapply to the position so that it will reset the 30 day timer.
Angelica Corporation is a provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. The Company has...