Coordinates and performs activities in the field, equipment, planting, herbicides, watering, fertilization, insect management, harvest and recording all data from production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites
- Insures proper field management working with contract grower.
- Identify design field layout for effective utilization of the land.
- Insures timely planting, harvesting and processing of hybrid seed.
- Applies agricultural chemicals or other scheduled treatments both timely and correctly.
- Collects and summarizes data on rocks
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Agricultural Science or related field with agriculture experience.
- Experience with and demonstrated aptitude for farm equipment is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word
Processing and Spreadsheet software.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus.
Strong organizational, communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to work within a team environment.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
This job has responsibilities from planting to harvest in a timely manner.
The employee must be able to work in a hot, humid environment typical of a rice field. Hours are typically 8am to 5pm, however, longer hours during peak periods may be necessary to complete work in a timely manner. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is required within Texas and over nights at peak periods may be necessary.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to operate a tractor in the rice field for long periods of time; walk; sit; lift seed bags, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
RiceTec, Inc. - 18 months ago