Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial products throughout the manufacturing process by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains valid due dates for all shop work orders in manufacturing system.
• Reviews capacity versus workload and takes appropriate action to keep system in balance.
• Maintains Manufacturing Lead Times in system on all parts.
• Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports.
• Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
• ASME Code knowledge
• MRP (SAP) experience preferred
• Good problem solving ability and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Pro-active leadership with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for excellence
• Effective communicator with the ability to interact at all levels to embrace changes and new ideas