Gerdau is currently seeking a Production Scheduler for its
Wilton, IA facility.
(Relocation assistance available)
Scope of Position:
Responsible for carrying out production scheduling, inventory levels control and distribution to balance the level of customer service and service cost, according to S & OP guidelines.
• Ensures production schedule that complies with pre-schedule guidelines and frozen horizon rules and procedures
• Ensures compliance to finished goods and WIP strategy to optimize working capital
Generates production orders and manages through their life cycle. Controls internal transfers and external product processing
• Sequences production orders to optimize resource utilization, costs, and set up while maintaining cycle time adherence
• Ensures the accuracy and updating routine for finished goods and WIP inventories, bill of material parameters, product production programs, work centers and transactional information of areas that he or she programs
• Analyzes and makes required adjustments considering supply chain guidelines and frozen horizon rules
• Ensures integration between shop floor, local leadership, S&OP, and Fulfillment Management to facilitate strategic alignment
• Ensures that production orders are being executed according to production schedule and communicates any relevant deviations
• Ensures visibility of key production order milestones
• Analyzes deviations and generates action plan to reduce and/or eliminate impacts of deviations
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field from a four year college or university is required 3-5 yrs.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in plant operations preferred; Experience in activities related to production planning
• APICS module: BSCM preferred
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
• Ability to work with all levels and across multiple departments (Rolling Mill, Melt Shop, Quality)
• Strong attention to detail
• Conflict negotiation skills
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health and Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Gerdau - 12 months ago
Gerdau Ameristeel puts its stamp on the steel business in the US. The company is one of the largest minimill steelmakers in North America,...