Provide planning, coordination and control to insure that assigned areas are built and delivered to meet the established Master Production Schedule and Administer site Kanban/VMI processes.
- Monitor and release shop orders per the MPS to allow efficient build, and test of assigned products.
- Administer the Defense Kanban/VMI Process including process development, training and oversight to insure effective material utilization and availability.
- Develop and utilize ERP/MES systems and methods as to insure proper priority is being maintained in production, test and support areas.
- Monitor build and test progress to insure that execution is occurring as planned.
- Act as the ISC focal point for reporting status and issues affecting schedule.
- Chair program rundown meetings to review status, issues and actions with other functions and management
- Maintain schedule status formats and action registers to drive timely resolution of issues that are affecting on-time schedule execution
- Maintain constant awareness of issues that are impacting or have a potential to impact schedule. Take action to eliminate delays and impacts.
- Organize and lead ad hoc teams to address schedule impacts and develop work-around plans.
- Coordinate various resource availabilities to insure that schedules are met.
- Expedite processes, people and products to drive schedule execution.
- Serve as CCB member to approve and plan EO changes.
- Monitor and review ERP system for proper scheduling and exception message execution. Identify, report and take action to correct all issues affecting system/Inventory integrity. Participate on teams and recommend corrective actions to improve systems effectiveness.
- Lead and participate on teams to investigate and resolve issues affecting system/process/department efficiency and effectiveness
- Generate and control TVA process for assigned products
- Perform Kanban Process Lead duties including PO signaling and resize recommendations
- Perform and control Material Shortage Reviews to uncover and prevent schedule impacts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business discipline preferred.
- 1-5 years experience as a Production Planner, Coordinator or related position.
- 1-5 years experience working within complex Manufacturing environment.
- 1-5 years experience with Kanban and Vendor Managed Inventory Systems.
Skills & Competencies:
- High sense of urgency, with action orientation.
- Knowledge and familiarity with manufacturing build and test processes.
- Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP/Kanban/VMI systems.
- Ability perform and thrive in environment with multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent computer and software knowledge, experience and proficiency. SAP experience highly desired
- APICS Certification desired.
CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN ONLY DUE TO EXPORT CONTROL TECHNOLOGY
If you are interested in this position please forward resume to Gregory DiMattia at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a brief description of yourself and reference to the job in the subject of the e-mail.
At Nesco Resource, our flexible staffing solutions include contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placement services. We employ specialized recruiters focused in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, and Manufacturing & Distribution.
NESCO Resource - 17 months ago