Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work and outdoor footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us.
It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors who do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size: The Production Scheduler will plan and schedule production for assigned plant while balancing customer requirements, plant productivity and inventory balances. Back up and purchase raw materials, manufacturing supplies and while maintaining adequate inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan daily production schedules for manufacturing processes to optimize production output and meet customer requirements which includes revising schedules to accommodate product demand fluctuation, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Manage the process of scheduling production for Plant 2 manufacturing by monitoring line capacity, tooling (lasts, molds, etc), and raw materials for Plant 2 by manipulating the schedule based on demand changes, plant interupptions, etc.
- Work with Plant Management to adjust capacity to meet demands based on physical inventory and forecast/sales information. May conduct periodic physical inventory counts to confirm counts by working with inventory analyst in FG Warehouse.
- Monitor and set inventory levels to avoid product shortages and excess inventory, including requisitioning and coordinating the ordering, scheduling and expediting of materials to ensure target inventory levels are maintained to meet customer expectations.
- Assist Planning/Scheduling Manager with analyzing forecast information to reflect production schedules and safety stock needs based on new forecast information for Plant 2.
- Review schedule and analyze needs by SKU to make sure correct sizes are being scheduled and inventoried based on forecast and actual sales.
- Maintain and provide capacity information, production workweek schedules, etc. to support the Manufacturing capacity planning tool (MOVEX) in Plant 2.
- Back up and assist purchase materials utilizing MRP module on MOVEX while balancing deliveries with demand.
- Work closely with quality and suppliers to coordinate raw materials on new shoes and problems with existing product.
- Communicate and maintain close relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Communicate status and relevant information to the appropriate groups to assist with planning.
- Utilize MOVEX for evaluation of the rolling forecast and production plans-SOP Process.
- Work with International Customer Reps. and coordinate production with orders.
- Assist in year-end work in process inventory at Plants.
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
- Uphold Red Wing shoe Company’s core values.
- Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
Internal: Director of Logistics, Plant Managers, Mfg Supervisors, Scheduler/Buyer/Planners, Finished Goods Warehouse Managers, Brand Merchandise Managers, Capacity Planner Sourcing, Process Engineers
External: Raw Materials, Manufacturing facilities as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree (B.A.) from a Business or Technical School and three years to five years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALICATIONS:
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of manufacturing and footwear industry
- Good Listening, Communication and Accountability skills
- Excellent computer skills especially in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Knowledge of data systems including MOVEX
- Prior Purchasing experience
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- APICS certification desirable
- Experience with Scheduling Software (Logility a plus)
- Working knowledge of Production Planning and Inventory Planning principles, methods and systems including Supply Chain Management.
- Statistical Process Control and Theory of Constraint knowledge
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
- High percentage of time spent in Factory and Office environment
- Provide support for All Plants, All Shifts
- Occasional Travel to Outstate Facilities
Red Wing Shoe Company Inc - 10 months ago
Red Wing makes available to dealership stores a state of the art system called RIMS. Our Retail Information Management System provides for i...