The essential function of this position is to create and maintain detailed production work schedules in order to ensure that customer orders are filled on time and in the correct quantities. The position also serves as a communication hub between sales, logistics, production, and raw materials inventory management.
- Utilize a variety of information to schedule and prioritize production work orders. Relevant information includes: order due date/time; raw material type, quality, and availability; production line efficiencies and capacities; frequent short-notice adjustments to order quantities or due dates.
- Use above information to achieve the goals of 95%+ on-time order completion, minimizing line changeovers, and maximizing efficiency by scheduling work to best-suited production lines.
- Perform regular follow-up communication with production regarding their attainment of the schedule, and adjust the schedule as needed.
- Communicate with sales and logistics regarding order quantities and due dates/times.
- Determine production labor requirements for the next day based on known variables and trend data.
- 2-5 years experience in production scheduling
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, basic math, and decision-making skills. Ability to quickly digest many pieces of information and find creative solutions
- Team player attitude, with a willingness to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding, and fast-paced environment
- Personal drive to be proactive, rather than reactive
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Proficient in use of the English language, both written and verbal. Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency: MS Word, Excel, Outlook; ERP system
- Available to work flexible hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays may be required)
SUNSET Produce - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sunset Produce is a family owned partnership between the Robert & Duane Munn families. Today, in its fourth generation, the partners are...