Reports to: Planning & Scheduling Manager Department: Planning / Scheduling
Shift: Day FLSA: Exempt
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and communicating the daily production schedule. This includes scheduling production on the bottling lines, scheduling rectifying batches, scheduling bottle blowing and scheduling the workload for the special projects area. The scheduling process takes into consideration factors such as equipment maintenance, equipment installs, washouts, bottle rotations, customer’s forecasts, current demand, operational efficiency, product development and staffing requirements. The position requires an understanding and interaction with the following departments: customer service, purchasing, maintenance, warehouse, rectifying, product development and production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule batches in order in accordance to the pre-determined line rotation that Production Planner has created.
- Release batches for rectifying, bottle blowing, and special projects to meet production schedule and customer needs for finished goods.
- Move ingredients for all batches to specific line they will be used in for schedule.
- check raw materials for upcoming batches.
- Add washout/line change batches where necessary in schedule.
- Monitor progress of production to ensure schedule is being completed in a timely manner, meeting customers’ requirements.
- Participate in daily / weekly meetings to review production shortages and other related issues.
- Work with department managers to resolve shortage issues.
- Work with Maintenance to schedule maintenance activities and major line washes.
- Work closely with Product Development to ensure product is ready by date committed to.
- Document and manage processes related to scheduling activities.
- Participate in BPI activities.
∙ Work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
∙ Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must have knowledge of packaging materials and processes required to perform tasks assigned.
- Must have strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and demonstrate flexibility in modifying schedules to support business needs.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to coordinate numerous activities at one time
- Must have excellent organization skills
Minimum Requirements of Training and Experience:
Two years of post-secondary education with 2+ years of related training, experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in a batch process environment and MRP system is required.
Experience with Oracle Advanced Supply Chain preferred.
APICS certification is preferred
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
This position requires extended periods of sitting at a desk while working on a computer and use of the telephone.